Jacksonville’s new logo was unveiled earlier this month and you can see for yourself how much better it looks. Personally I love the new ears, eyes, and overall shape the most. And have you compared those spots?!
What are some things that you like/hate about the new design?
Of course there will always be some who prefer the old logo, which reminded me of when Augustana College
in Sioux Falls changed their logo 5 years ago.
When I was going to school there, I remember loads of people who were upset at the change (including myself).Now looking back on it, I suppose the new Ole does pose a more fierce threat than the lovable old Ole. In the end it’s all about the image you want your logo to portray.
It’s really interesting how I never really noticed how dated and tired the old logos looked until they were placed next to the new ones. – This made me start to wonder how many other logos out there need an update?
Next time you see an advertisement on TV or while you’re shopping for groceries, try to find a logo that could use a good coat of polish.
Does your logo need a makeover? You might not realize how bland your logo is until you see it next to your future branding.
If you’re thinking you could use a new logo or would like to freshen up your tired old logo, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Posted in Branding, General News, Graphic Design
Tagged 5j design, Augustana College, Creative, graphic design, Jacksonville Jaguars, logo, revamp, Sioux Falls, update, visual impact
Have you ever gotten your vehicle stuck? Maybe in the snow or mud. You know your stuck almost before it happens, this feeling of “oh no” what am I going to do…for most we think we can get ourselves unstuck. We gas the vehicle and turn the wheels, we rock it back and forth. And what ends up happening is we get ourselves stuck even worse. For most people getting stuck is the worst possible scenario. This is true also with creativity. Many times we hit a rut creatively and no matter how hard we try and push through we eventually succumb to the “creative dead zone”, a place of blank screens and doodles of 3d boxes. But how do we avoid this creative rut? I recently ran across a list of 29 ways to stay creative.
Today I want to pass on some tips and tricks to keep yourself fresh.
- Make lists
- Carry a notebook everywhere
- Try free writing
- Get away from the computer
- Quit beating yourself up
- Take breaks
- Sing in the shower
- Drink coffee (I couldn’t agree more, but I would like to re-word this to: “Drink good coffee”. In this day in age we have so many great roasters and coffee shops available to us. Read this article if you would like to learn How to choose good coffee . Two of my favorite coffee roasters and shops in Sioux Falls are Coffea and Black Sheep. If you live in the area be sure to go and get a cup of coffee.)
- Listen to new music (This for me is one of the greatest ways to be inspired. I will frequently go listen to the Billboard top 100 and listen to whats popular. This works best if you listen to music outside of your preferences (country, hip hop, folk, etc).
- Be open
- Surround yourself with creative people
- Get feedback (Feedback is great, but it depends on who you seek it from. Nothing is worse than getting feedback from someone who doesn’t understand your project and bases everything off of their preferences. The best feedback is from those who have a different perspective then yours but still understands the purpose of feedback.)
- Don’t give up
- Allow yourself to make mistakes
- Go somewhere new
- Count your blessings
- Get lot’s of rest
- Take risks
- Break rules
- Don’t force it
- Read a page out of the dictionary
- Create a framework
- Stop trying to be someone else’s perfect
- Got an idea…write it down (This is a fantastic practice. This is even easier today with the technology of iphones and droids and the thousands of apps available to write ideas, capture pics & videos. Do yourself a favor and start this today!)
- Clean your workspace
- Have fun
- Finish something
-Zach Bauer, 5J Design
29 ways to stay creative by http://paulzii.tumblr.com/post/3360025995